Congratulations on your upcoming wedding day! You’ve embarked on one of the most memorable, yet stressful parts of your life. There’s so many decisions you’ll need to make over the next few months: there’s a dress to find, a minister to hire, a venue to reserve—and don’t forget that you’ll need to try a dozen different types of wedding cakes to find the perfect flavor!
With all of the decisions you’ll have to make as your wedding day draws closer, here’s one decision you absolutely can’t forget: choosing a perfect wedding band to match your already amazing engagement ring. Creating a custom matching wedding ring set may seem difficult, but it’s a stress-free task when you buy your ring from Aurosi Jewels!
Here at Aurosi Jewels, we handcraft our rings with love in California. Our in-house stylists create some of the most stylish, breathtaking wedding rings you’ll find anywhere. On a regular basis, our customers ask us how to create their own custom matching wedding ring set. Here’s five tips that will help make your search stress-free!
1. Match Your Metal
When most women are looking for the perfect wedding band, they’re looking to match the same metal as their engagement ring. If your engagement ring is made of gold, you’ll typically have three options.
- Yellow gold: Yellow gold is still the most popular engagement ring metal, and it is also the most traditional option.
- White gold: Yellow gold is mixed with other metals and is coated in rhodium to give it an icy-white look.
- Rose gold: What do you get when you combine gold, silver, and copper? You end up with the warm hue of rose gold. This trendy choice is a popular wedding ring selection.
Although there is no hard-fast rule that your wedding ring set has to use metal matching your engagement ring, it’s typically the most popular choice. This makes it the best place to start when you’re choosing a wedding band.
2. Match Your Style
When you’re looking to create your own bridal set, you’ll want the style of the engagement ring and wedding ring to compliment each other. For instance, a vintage-styled engagement ring and a sleek, modern engagement ring look amazing apart, but likely won’t look as good together. Finding a wedding ring style that matches your engagement ring should be a high priority.
Not sure about your engagement ring style? That’s ok! You’ll be able to quickly tell if your engagement ring and wedding ring are a match by placing the two together on your finger. Either they’ll fit together like peanut butter and jelly, or they’ll look more peanut butter and pickles (great on their own—just not together!). There’s only one way to find out: search through a wide selection of wedding rings to narrow your focus and help you create the perfect matching wedding ring set.
3. Make Sure It’s A Perfect Fit
Face it, some people just don’t fit well together (like you and your ex, for instance!). In the same way, some engagement rings and wedding rings don’t fit as well together on your finger, making an awkward pairing.
Typically, once you get married, you have two options of how to wear your matching wedding ring set:
- Solder the rings together: Typically, you take your engagement ring and wedding ring together to a jeweler and they’ll be able to solder the rings together, creating one bigger ring.
- Stack the rings on top of each other: In this case, you’d wear your wedding ring first (tradition says it’s closer to your heart this way) and then you’ll wear your engagement ring next. Because they aren’t attached, they may wiggle some on your finger, but some women prefer this over soldering the rings together.
Whichever option you choose, you’ll need to make sure that the two rings have the ability to sit reasonably flush with one another. This is imperative when you’re attempting to create the perfect matching wedding ring set. If a wedding ring doesn’t fit seamlessly with your engagement ring, you’ll likely want to cross it off your list.
4. Create Your Own Custom Wedding Band
Sometimes, you may not be able to find a wedding band that you feel perfectly complements your engagement ring. Or maybe you have the perfect idea of what a wedding band should look like, but you can’t find anything like it at a jewelry store or online. What can you do?
The answer is simple: create a custom ring! Most people are intimidated by the custom ring making process, but the in-house stylists at Aurosi Jewels make the task simple. In just a few steps, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind custom ring. You will have the perfect matching wedding ring set because it was custom made just for you!
If you’re choosing to go the custom route, you’ll have a multitude of choices to make, such as:
- Metal: Choose your favorite color in either 10 or 14 karat gold.
- Stones: We can create custom rings utilizing stones such as cubic zirconia, moissanite, or lab-created diamonds.
- Price point: When most people think custom, all they think is “expensive.” However, by going the custom route, we can help you make the right choices to stay within your budget without compromising style.
Try On Your Ring at Home
Creating your own matching wedding ring set is almost impossible without taking time to see how the engagement ring and wedding ring look together on your finger. Let’s be honest: that’s very unlikely when you’re shopping at the mall if you’re not buying a set of rings designed to go together!
Aurosi Jewels understands the struggle, which is why we offer a unique try at home program. You can have five different styles of rings sent directly to your home. These rings are made with alloy metals and simulated diamonds, giving you an accurate look of what the final product looks like. Try each ring on with your engagement ring with zero hassle. When you’re ready, tell us which ring you love and we’ll help you with your purchase. It will be the simplest decision you make for your wedding!
Have questions about choosing a wedding band? Our experts are ready to help! Contact us today and we’ll be glad to answer all of your questions.